Pages

Tuesday 25 June 2013

Storytelling in Guadalajara

Working as storyteller is more than a job: it's a passion. Storytelling has given to me: love, travel, emotions, friendship... even a way to be in the world.

In the same way I need to tell stories, I need to listen to stories and other storytellers.


Recently I was in Guadalajara, Spain, for the big Storytelling Festival, in which, for more than 45 hours, people tell stories on a main stage; one after another, without interruption; isn't it beautiful?

In the picture you can see the opening of the Festival in the amazing patio of the Palacio del Infantado.



This last Storytelling Festival was even more special than others for Jose and I, because this time we are involved in an international project called "Stories from Cave to Cave", funded by the European Union. It means that during 2013-2014 a series of storytelling events will take place in the countries working in the project: Cologno Monzese (Italy), Grenoble (France), Guadalajara (Spain) and Cape Town (South Africa).


Some of our South Africans friends were here to share their stories and to tell stories in Atapuerca (Burgos) and Casares Cave (Guadalajara). Pedro Espí "the music man", Madosini, Marlene Winberg and Kapilolo Mario Mahongo were among us telling their stories:

Madosini. Photo Juan Carlos Aragonés, El Pais

Kapilolo, Marlene and Jose
Marlene and myself before my performance

Being part of this project it makes me feel that the world is big and small at the same time. It makes me understand that UBUNTU is essential there in Africa and here in Europe: "I am what I am because who all are". A person is a person through other people.

We cannot be alone: like the stories that, in  order to live, need to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment