Pages

Sunday 26 May 2013

Seville

These days I am traveling a lot to tell stories. What a fantastic reason to travel! Last weekend I was in the beautiful Seville. 

I could stroll along the Guadalquivir river and I saw the Golden Tower. The name comes from its shining reflection on the river.







The tower was part of a defense wall that the arabs built in the  13th century, when they ruled that part of Spain.









I also saw the Giralda, the bell tower of the Cathedral. 

The lower part of the Giralda, the first two thirds, was a minarete of the 12 th century. It has two sisters in Morocco (one in Marrakesh and the other in Rabat). 

I didn't have too much time to go sightseeing, but I had enough to know that I want to come back.

I told stories for children on Saturday morning. Unfortunatly I don't have any photographs yet, but it was a wonderful experience. They were so warm and good listeners; another reason to come back. 

And tomorrow Jose and I are going to Zamora. We will be there telling stories during the week as part of storytelling festival in the Etnographic Museum.


No comments:

Post a Comment